- 8:40 PM – Monday, May 23
As the day draws to an end, we will be concluding the live blog for practice day two presented by Garmin. We will begin our coverage again tomorrow morning as we prepare for the Yamaha Angler Appreciation Event set to begin at 1:00 PM at McFarland Park!
We leave you with a brief lake preview article written last week that offers insight and information about both Pickwick and Wilson Lake. Read the complete article here
- 6:00 PM – Monday, May 23
- Today has been an overcast, comfortable afternoon here in Florence. Below average temperatures and cloudy conditions have set in across the area. Reports from out on Pickwick Lake are saying that the lake is a little lower than normal with limited current flow at the moment. That could all change if a few strong storms move through the area the next few days.
- 5:05 PM – Monday, May 23
As we sit here at the park getting set up, the first major event on the schedule is the Yamaha Angler Appreciation Event tomorrow. Anglers will be able to stop by McFarland Park from 1-5 PM to enjoy free pizza, games, giveaways, a Yamaha information session, and much more! Follow the attached link
for more details.
- 4:35 PM – Monday, May 23
Weather will be an interesting element to keep an eye on through the course of this week. Tomorrow is looking like a a decent day as it pertains to rain and storms, with chances of stronger weather moving in Wednesday and Thursday.
Rain will change up the lake conditions significantly as water moves through the Tennessee River system. As that happens, the current will have an effect on the way the fish will set up and bite as well.
- 4:05 PM – Monday, May 23
The hot seat is here! On Friday afternoon, the 1st place team at any point will occupy the Engel Coolers Hot Seat on the weigh-in stage.
- 3:15 PM – Monday, May 23
Pictured here is Drew Gill from Top 25 ranked Wabash Valley College. Drew caught this fish while also running Garmin electronics on his boat. The highest placing Garmin user at this week’s event will earn an additional $500 from the Garmin Tournament Rewards program. Learn more about this contingency program Here!
- 2:15 PM – Monday, May 23
ACA staff just finished filling up 200 snack bags to hand out to anglers for them to have during both days of competition. Each boat participating in the event will receive a snack bag and bottles of water! A portion of the snack bags are presented by Garmin. Thanks to Garmin for their support of college anglers!
- 12:50 PM – Monday, May 23
Here is a fish catch picture from Isaac and Mason with Top 25 ranked Wabash Valley College. This is the first fish picture we’ve received from Official Practice. As practice continues, we will provide more updates and details regarding the fishing, lake conditions, and weather forecast!
- 12:00 PM – Monday, May 23
- Fish care is key during the summer months. This week, T-H Marine is providing anglers competing in the field with G-Juice to use during tournament days. Check out a recent write-up on our website about fish care and the products offered by T-H Marine.
- 9:30 AM – Monday, May 23
- Good Monday morning from Florence, AL and Pickwick Lake for the 2022 BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops! Today is the second day of Official Practice! ACA staff is on-site and will be filling bank bags, setting up the trailer, and much more! Stay tuned for updates from McFarland Park and out on the water as the day progresses!