May 25, 2019 – May 22, 2020
UPDATED – 6/19/19
Points System Description
Teams competing on behalf of their collegiate fishing clubs in any major ACA events will earn points that accumulate in the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia race based upon the ACA Points System.
ACA Major Events include:
- Bass Pro Shops Big Bass Bash presented by Berkley – Kentucky Lake – October 4-5, 2019
- AFTCO Collegiate Bass Open – Lake Dardanelle – October 26-27, 2019
- Texas Lunker Challenge presented by Mossy Oaks Elements – Lake TBD
- BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops – Pickwick Lake – TBD
In those major events, as identified by the ACA, up to two (2) teams per university/college fishing club may earn points in each of the recognized tournaments. In the event a college fishing club has more than two (2) teams in a tournament, points will only be awarded based on the two (2) highest finishing teams’ final standings. The ACA Major Events are critical in shaping the final outcome as these nationally televised events are worth “double” points, meaning that two (2) teams per college fishing club may earn points.
ACA Major Events will be worth 1000 points regardless of field size. 1st place will receive 1000 points and will decrease by 10 point increments all the way to the last team (100th place) earning points for their places in the standings. You must weigh-in fish in order to receive points.
FLW and B.A.S.S. Series Major Events
All FLW and B.A.S.S. college events will also be counted towards Bass Pro Shops School of the Year points. Only the one (1) top finishing team from each school will be awarded points based on the Points Formula listed below.
All FLW and B.A.S.S events will be worth 750 points regardless of field size. 1st place will receive 750 points and points will decrease by 5 point increments all the way to the last team (150th place) earning points for their places in the standings. Teams finishing below the last place awarded points will not earn any points.
Note: Only one (1) team will earn points in these events no matter how many teams are entered from each school.
B.A.S.S State Qualifying Events
Schools will be able to earn points in the state qualifier for which their school is located in. Only the one (1) top finishing team from each school will be awarded points based on the Points Formula listed below.
First place will earn 100 points at each event and the standings will decrease in 5 point increments all the way to the last team earning points for their place (20th place) in the standings. Teams finishing below the cut off for last place will not earn any points.
State Qualifying events are responsible for sending in sending in results to Amanda at email@example.com.
Schools will be able to earn bonus points by participating in the following events:
- 2019 Ranger Cup University Challenge – 50 points
- BASS College Classic Bracket – 1st place – 100 points; 2nd place – 50 points
School-Run Sanctioned Events
Competing in school-run ACA-sanctioned events will allow universities/colleges to earn additional points based on their top finishing team or teams.
Universities/colleges will be allowed to host up to 3 sanctioned events for the year. If the school-run ACA-sanctioned event a trail, the university/college hosting the sanctioned event will determine which 3 events will count for points. Only the top finishing team from each school will earn points based on the breakdown below.
All School-Run events that are sanctioned for Bass Pro Shops School of the Year points will be eligible to receive a max of 100 points for 1st place regardless of the field size. Points will decrease in 5-point increments until last boat in the standings that weighed in fish will receive 5 points. All school run events must have at least 5 different schools competing to be sanctioned.
- School-Run Events with 50 or more boats earn 100-point bonus
- School-Run Events with 40 to 49 boats earn 75-point bonus
- School-Run Events with 30-39 boats earn 50-point bonus
- School-Run Events with 20-29 boats earn 40-point bonus
- School-Run Events with 10-19 boats earn 30-point bonus
School-Run Sanctioned Events Criteria
The ACA encourages schools to create and run their own tournament or tournament trail; however, it is up to the ACA to decide whether or not to sanction the event(s) to go towards Bass Pro Shops School of the Year race. ACA will not sanction more than three (3) events from one (1) school per year.
* All schools that host an ACA sanctioned event MUST have at least six members of their team signed up for TBF (The Bass Federation) Memberships. This helps to ensure proper insurance coverage and other benefits. This will also get those 6 members their FLW Memberships.
* In order for a single open style event to be considered to earn points towards the Bass Pro Shops School of Year standings: it must be an event open to all university/college sanctioned clubs nationwide, have at least 5 schools compete, and not allow any non-college anglers to compete in it. No school will be allowed to host more than three events during any year. See below for point’s breakdown.
* Those schools hosting a trail will determine which 3 events will count for School of the Year points. It must be an event open to all university/college sanctioned clubs nationwide, have at least 5 schools competed, and not allow any non-college anglers to compete in it. No school will be allowed to host more than three events during any year. Only the top finishing team from each school will earn points based on the breakdown.
* Points will be awarded at the end of said tournament(s) or tournament trail upon verifiable results being provided
* Schools must contact Amanda Gutierrez directly at firstname.lastname@example.org about sanctioning their event.
* Schools must have at least six team members signed up for The Bass Federation Memberships.
* Schools must email a tournament flier with full tournament information (tournament director contact information, location, date, ramps, rules, entry fees, etc.) one (1) month prior to start date of the tournament to Amanda Gutierrez at email@example.com.
* Schools must provide results and a complete recap by Monday at noon following the event or results will not be counted towards School of year and the host school will not be allowed to host another event for at least one year.
~ Name, School, Email and Phone Number for each angler competing
~ Complete standings for all teams competing
~ 3-5 photos of top finishers
* Schools must be in good standing with the ACA in order to host a tournament or series.
Ties in qualifying events will be resolved according to league rules prior to assigning point values.
Ties in the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year Program will be broken at the conclusion of the season in the following manner:
1st Tie-breaker: The school with the highest number of points accumulated in the four Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series events (Big Bass Bash, Open, Texas College Challenge, and Championship)
2nd Tie-breaker: The school that fished the greatest number of Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series events
3rd Tie-breaker: The school with the greatest number of points in the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship.
If you have questions regarding the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year program, please contact the ACA at: College@CarecoTV.com.
The ACA Director of Operations has any and all say in final point allocations towards the Bass Pro Shops School of Year Race.