School-Run Sanctioned Events Criteria
The ACA encourages schools to create and run their own tournament or tournament trail; however, it is up to the ACA to decide whether or not to sanction the event(s) to go towards the race for Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia. ACA will not sanction more than three (3) events from one (1) school per year. The ACA in some cases will provide prizes to school-run events as feasible.
* All schools that host an ACA sanctioned event MUST have at least six members of their team signed up for TBF (The Bass Federation) Memberships. This helps to ensure proper insurance coverage and other benefits. This will also get those six (6) members their MLF Memberships. Proof of insurance must be provided before event counts towards standings.
* In order for a single open style event to be considered to earn points towards the Bass Pro Shops School of Year presented by Abu Garcia standings: it must be an event open to all university/college sanctioned clubs nationwide, and have at least five (5) university/college bass fishing clubs compete. No school will be allowed to host more than three (3) events during any School of the Year season. See below for points breakdown.
* Those schools hosting a trail will determine which 3 events will count for School of the Year points. It must be an event open to all university/college sanctioned clubs nationwide, have at least 5 schools competed, and not allow any non-college anglers to compete in it. No school will be allowed to host more than three events during any year. Only the top finishing team from each school will earn points based on the breakdown.
* Points will be awarded at the end of said tournament(s) or tournament trail upon verifiable results being provided.
Check back for updates and additional events as the season progresses and updates.
* Schools must contact the ACA directly at email@example.com about sanctioning their event.
* Schools must have at least six (6) team members signed up for The Bass Federation Memberships.
* Schools must email a tournament flier with full tournament information (tournament director contact information, location, date, ramps, rules, entry fees, etc.) one (1) month prior to start date of the tournament to the ACA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Schools must provide results and a complete recap by Wednesday of the week following the event or results will not be counted towards the race for Bass Pro Shops School of Year presented by Abu Garcia and the host school will not be allowed to host another event for at least one year.
Hosting school/team must provide the following:
~ Name, School, Email and Phone Number for each angler competing
~ Complete standings for all teams competing
~ 3-5 photos of top finishers
* Schools must be in good standing with the ACA in order to host a tournament or series.