To be eligible for the $500 cash prize, an angler must be the highest placing Garmin user at a qualifying Garmin-sanctioned event. The boat must be equipped with 1 or more Garmin fixed-mounted marine electronics or trolling motor. Qualifying electronics include Garmin GPS units, fishfinders, combo units, chartplotters and trolling motors. See complete rules and list of qualifying events at Garmin.com/tournaments.
Each of the following 2021 fishing tournaments sponsored by Garmin International, Inc. (“Garmin”) is eligible for the Garmin Tournament Rewards:
- Bass Pro Shops Big Bass Bash presented by Berkley
- Pickwick Slam
- BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops
- AFTCO Collegiate Bass Open
- The highest placing Garmin user must have been properly registered with the Tournament, and be finally certified by ACA staff as the highest-placing angler. All decisions of the ACA staff regarding the highest-placing angler will be final and binding in all respects regarding the Garmin Tournament Rewards.
- The boat from which the angler fished in during the Tournament must have one or more Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics installed in the boat. The angler must have fished from that boat for the entire Tournament. Garmin equipment mounted on other watercraft housed on the fishing boat does not qualify for the purposes of the Garmin Tournament Rewards.
- Qualifying categories of mounted Garmin marine electronics include Garmin GPS units, fishfinders, combo units, chartplotters and trolling motors. Garmin handheld or portable electronics do not qualify for the Garmin Tournament Rewards. Garmin’s determination made in its sole discretion of what constitutes mounted marine electronics is final and binding.
- If a Garmin representative is present at the Tournament, that representative will verify the presence of the Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics. In the absence of a Garmin representative, the ACA staff will verify the presence of the Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics. The decision of the Garmin representative or ACA staff, as the case may be, is final and binding.
- If it is determined that the highest-placing finisher in the Tournament fished from a boat equipped with Garmin fixed mounted marine electronics, it will be the responsibility of the winner to provide Garmin with information necessary to allow the payment of the $500 (including but not limited to name, address, IRS Form W-9). Once the necessary paperwork has been received by Garmin, Garmin will process the payment of the Garmin Tournament Rewards in the ordinary course of business. Payment will be to the highest-placing angler only. Garmin will send each such angler an IRS Form 1099-MISC in connection with such payment. All federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole responsibility of such angler. If the highest-placing angler fails to timely provide the information required by Garmin, the angler may be disqualified from the Garmin Tournament Rewards, and no prize will be awarded. If it is determined that the highest-placing angler did not fish from a boat equipped with mounted fixed Garmin marine electronics, no money will be awarded in connection with that Tournament. Unawarded amounts will not roll forward to future tournaments.
- Highest-placing angler must have abided by all applicable fishing and boating regulations.
- By accepting the Garmin Tournament Rewards, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between the ACA staff and the highest-placing angler of the Tournament, each highest-placing angler irrevocably grants Garmin and its successors, assigns and licensees (the “Garmin Entities”) the right to use such highest-placing angler’s name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be taken in connection with the Tournament for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes, where permitted by law, and hereby releases the Garmin Entities and the ACA staff and its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability with respect thereto.
- Acceptance of the Garmin Tournament Rewards constitutes highest-placing angler’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Garmin, which are final and binding.
- By accepting the Garmin Tournament Rewards, each winner agrees that the Garmin Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Tournament or in any Tournament related activity, or from highest-placing angler’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use of the Garmin Tournament Rewards, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Garmin Tournament Rewards, and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Garmin Tournament Rewards will only be awarded to the verified highest-placing angler. The Contest Entities are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions of information; or for miscommunications, or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the Garmin Tournament Rewards or in any Garmin Tournament Rewards notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Any attempt by a highest-placing angler to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person in connection with the Garmin Tournament Rewards is in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Garmin reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
Except where prohibited by law, each highest-placing angler agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Garmin Tournament Rewards shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas; and (b) highest-placing angler waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney’s fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, winner’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Garmin in connection with the Garmin Tournament Rewards, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas.