Garmin Releases Newest G3 Cartography
The gifting season is fast approaching(!), but now is the time to treat yourself — or the mariner in your life — to the latest Garmin g3 cartography updates! This morning, Garmin released its newest g3 cartography update, v2022.0, for BlueChart g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps featuring over 400,000 updates to global chart content, NOAA rasters, high-resolution relief shading, new survey lakes and more. From boating and sailing, to fishing and deep-water diving, having the most up-to-date cartography on board provides the essential tools needed for a more safe and enjoyable on-water experience. With No. 1 marine mapping from combined Garmin and Navionics data, g3 v2022.0 cartography delivers mariners with the latest coastal charts and inland maps for ultimate situational awareness and peace of mind while on the water.
Here are a few highlights about what’s featured in v2022.0 g3 cartography:
- Updated global chart content and NOAA rasters
- Expanded coverage and updated content for high-resolution relief shading:
- High-resolution relief shading, a preloaded feature in the U.S. for BlueChart g3 Vision and LakeVü g3 Ultra, uses a rich blend of color and shadow to create a multidimensional view of bottom structure to provide ultimate situational awareness and clearly reveal where the fish are hiding.
- New survey lakes and new sonar imagery lakes:
o New survey lakes in g3 v2022.0 cartography include Clear Lake (CA), Toledo Bend Reservoir (TX), Green River Lake (KY) and more.
o New sonar imagery lakes in g3 v2022.0 cartography include Hamilton Lake (AR), Hillsdale Lake (KS), Canyon Lake( TX) and more.
o To view a full list of coverage for Garmin LakeVü g3 inland maps, check out our lake list here.
- v2022.0 can be downloaded to Garmin chart cards via the ActiveCaptain app or via Garmin Express.
- To learn more about g3 v2022.0 cartography and how these updates benefit mariners, check out our blog post here.