As the Pro Staff Marketing Specialist, this position will be responsible for assisting with the activation of Bass Pro Shops(BPS), Cabela’s and White River Marnie Group’s(WRGMG) extensive roster of professional outdoors athletes and ambassadors across all owned and shared channels to support key business initiatives. This position will be responsible for the execution of marketing campaigns built around fishing pros, hunting ambassadors and shooting professionals to support our business objectives while raising brand awareness and credibility.
The Marketing Specialist, Pro Staff, will work closely with internal brand, creative, social, and communication outfitters and assist on pro staff driven marketing partnerships and campaigns with the goal of elevating and differentiating BPS/WRMG as an innovator in the outdoor space. This position will also work closely with store level associates and dealer partners to assess and support prostaff and activations though out the country.
- Assist with the activation of the pro staff marketing strategy outlined with alignment from key stakeholders and leadership.
- Assist in Identifying pro staff, teams and organizations for broader partnership opportunities that will support the business.
- Evaluate inbound pro staff related opportunities from stores and dealer partners and develop an activation plan around each.
- Help research new pro staff talent that aligns with our brand positioning and target audience.
- Develop Annual marketing plan around prostaff programs and individuals which support the business plan.
- Responsible for managing the relationships with local, regional, state, and national pro staff members as determined by leadership.
- Responsible for the fulfillment of prostaff requests, appearances, product orders and other pro needs as they come in from the pros, partners or vendors.
- Work closely with the communications and social media teams to amplify pro staff activity on owned and shared channels.
- Report on key ROI metrics to indicate success of pro staff engagements and campaigns
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Sports Marketing, Partnerships, or Integrated Marketing or related field — previous in-house brand experience is a plus
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the outdoor industry, including top anglers, hunting/shooting professional, tournaments, and leagues.
- Industry Informed – have your finger on the pulse when it comes to outdoor sport fans and culture, and can quickly identify new trends and areas of opportunity
- Excellent communication skills – value relationship-building both externally with partners and internally with key stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills – take autonomy and ownership of your work and adhere to timelines
- Entrepreneurial mindset – self-starter who is able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Can-do attitude – driven, detail-oriented professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of industry
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 25%