SPRINGFIELD, Missouri – Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s has received national accolades for excellence in customer service, receiving “America’s Best-In-State Customer Service 2020” award from Newsweek. The outlet recognized the outdoor retailer as a top customer service provider in 16 of the 20 states surveyed, including Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
The awards were selected based on an independent survey commissioned by Newsweek in partnership with Statista, a global business data platform. The survey contacted more than 20,000 U.S. customers who have either made purchases, used services, or gathered information about products or services in the past three years. Customers were asked whether they would recommend brands within the state they live in to friends or family. Customers also were asked to assess brands in the following areas: quality of communication, professional competence, range of services, customer focus and accessibility. The survey targeted the 20 largest states in the U.S. by population, providing results for a broad spectrum of customer experiences in traditional retail and service segments.
“This award reflects the passion and ongoing commitment of everyone in our company to deliver an unbeatable customer experience by offering friendly expert service, high-quality products and exceptional value every day,” said noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, who is considered the pioneer of destination retail. “We are truly humbled and very grateful to our customers for the opportunity to help them create lifelong memories in the outdoors, particularly in 2020 when it’s more important than ever to get outside safely and responsibly.”
It is the latest in a string of similar accolades earned by Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s in recent years.
- Bass Pro Shops was ranked No. 3 in the 2019 Retail Reputation Report by Reputation.com, measuring the most reputable brands in the world for overall customer experience.
- In 2018, The National Retail Federation named Bass Pro Shops as the No. 2 “Hottest Retailer in America.”
- In 2017, Forbes named Bass Pro Shops as one of “America’s Most Reputable Companies” in recognition of the public’s trust in the organization.
- In 2015, Forbes named the company as one of “America’s Best Employers.”
In 2015, the National Retail Foundation named Johnny Morris as one of “25 People Shaping the Future of Retail.”
- In 2008, the National Retail Foundation named Johnny Morris as “Retail Innovator of the Year.”