SAN ANTONIO, TX (April 28, 2023) – Last weekend, the Association of Collegiate Anglers contested its final nationally televised, no-entry-fee, double points event before the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC on May 25-26. The Pickwick Slam presented by Evolution Fishing boasted a field of more than 200 boats competing for over $20,000 in prizes & contingencies, with the each of the Top 10 teams earning automatic qualification to compete in the ACA’s year-end National Championship next month. Here is a look at the Top 10 teams that secured a spot to compete at Lake Hartwell:
– Charlie Wright & Logan Plueger – University of Montevallo
– Tyler Finley & Lane Lassiter – University of North Alabama
– Miller Dowling & Parker O’Bryan – University of Montevallo
– Lucas Washburn & Braylon Eggerding – Adrian College
– Jackson Kelly & Brayden Pritchard – Central Alabama C.C.
– Carson Maddux & Jake Peck – Auburn University
– Camden Keeton – Central Alabama C.C.
– Rudy Worley & Fisher Overton – Blue Mountain Christian University
– Austin Woody & Bryce Fowler – East Carolina University
– Emily Freeman & Chandler Acquaviva – Murray State University
Each of these Top 10 teams qualify for the 2023 BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops as the exact two angler pairing that competed at Pickwick Lake. These qualifications are in addition to the number of boats a school has qualified based upon the qualification criteria on the ACA website. View the 2023 ACA Championship qualification criteria here.
These automatic bids to compete at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC will be crucial to a team’s success and final ranking as it pertains to the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia. Seven of the 10 teams that earned qualification represent schools ranked in the Top 11 of the National Rankings. With the addition of triple points at the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops, teams will have a chance to make a major move to end the season.
Register to compete in the ACA National Championship here.