https://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/PURE-FISHING-JOB-POSTING.jpg 1000 1000 Kyle Curry https://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/2022_CBFS_JM-White-300x194.png Kyle Curry2023-02-28 17:51:232023-02-28 18:02:25Pure Fishing: Assistant Category Manager, Bass Bait
Pure Fishing: Assistant Category Manager, Bass Bait
Assistant Category Manager, Bass Bait
Category Management is a general management approach to marketing. Primary goals are to grow category market share, develop brand equities, and drive business results. The Category team defines strategic choices and leads the organization to execute the strategy while maintaining stewardship for our brands, our consumers, and our customers.
The Assistant Category Manager supports the Category Marketing team by helping to develop brand and product innovation strategies that build consumer demand and grow market share. Primary focus will be competitive analysis, new product development, pricing and customer strategy, promotional or merchandising planning, and product life cycle management.
What you will do:
- Utilizes primary and secondary research to identify priority category or market segments
- Translates consumer, customer, and category insights into brand and product strategies
- Acts as a brand champion across the business. Works collaboratively with design and engineering teams to ensure consistency with brand positioning
- Articulates concept statements for innovation and uses experience and market/consumer knowledge to prioritize ideas
- Works collaboratively with R&D, Sales, and Consumer Research team to develop and recommend a brand and/or category innovation strategy
- Effectively creates and presents a robust business case through the gate-keeping process aligning executive leadership to a brand’s innovation strategy
- Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for key SKUs or categories.
- Collaborates with Sales, Retail Marketing, and Brand Activation teams to develop and execute promotional strategies and plans for our consumers and customers
- Applies price modeling information to manage project financial estimations
- Aid in assortment optimization and product end of life cycle
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related Business field from an accredited college or university
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Some travel required for research, customer meetings, and industry trade shows
- Collegiate fishing experience and or general knowledge of bass fishing
Additional qualifications that will help you be successful in this role:
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized, effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team
- Technical knowledge of fishing tackle and a passion for the sport is a plus
Pure Fishing is THE global leader in the fishing tackle industry, with a portfolio of iconic brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, and Ugly Stik. Our team of industry-leading experts and our global network of operations and innovation hubs produce world-class products designed to delight our customers and exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.